Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bitter sweet

On the 29th it was officially one month since we arrived in Zambia. I am beginning to miss the pleasures of home...

Who I miss:
  • My wonderful finance Jeremy
  • My great family
  • My new baby nephew Valor - Can you miss someone you have yet to meet? I think so! (Ps. Valor is one month old tomorrow!)
  • My sweet friends
  • My puppy dog

What I miss:
  • Showering without shoes
  • Sleeping without mosquito nets
  • Driving
  • Pants!!
  • Sweater weather
  • Netflix
  • Air conditioning

Foods I miss (family, take note!):
  • SUSHI
  • Massaman thai curry
  • Pumpkin anything from Starbucks
  • Chips and salsa
  • Hot apple cider
  • Dairy Queen raspberry truffle blizzard

What I’m loving here:

  • My wonderful team
  • The Zambians
  • The markets
  • African sunsets
  • Sometimes the Zambian food
  • Life’s simplicity
  • Getting a Chaco tan
  • Working in the hospitals
  • Sunday evening testimony sharing
  • The delicious hot chocolate
  • Early mornings
  • Sunday church services
  • Soda in glass bottles

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, I love your positive attitude. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.I'm praying for you while we are apart.

    I got the message or your checklist to do's when you get back to the USA. Hahaha!

    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and your reflections. I'm also taking note of all the foods you miss - we may need to have a smorgasbord when you get home. Missing you tons! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete