Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Baby Valor

Earlier this Spring my sister Kara came to visit me at college for the weekend and told me that her and her husband of five years was pregnant. That was the good news. The not so good news was that her due date was September 28th, which was while I was going to be in Africa. 

Last week Kara began having intense abdominal pain. Her husband Nick took her to the hospital. After hours of confusion and many tests she was finally diagnosed with appendicitis and was schedule for an appendectomy. Due to her ruptured appendix and complications during surgery, one of her ovaries, fallopian tube and part of her intestine had to be removed. Kara and Nick have spent this last week in the hospital where Kara has been slowly recovering. Yesterday afternoon baby Valor’s heart rate dropped into the 60s three times and an emergency C-section had to be preformed almost four weeks before his due date. Today I am so happy to say that a beautiful and healthy baby boy was brought into the world Tuesday, September 2nd at 2:45pm. Our itsy bitsy baby weighs 4 pounds 14 ounces and is 19 inches long.

While I wish that I could be with my family during this joyful time, I couldn't wish for anything more than a healthy baby and mama. I was able to facetime with Kara, Nick and Valor this morning! Praising God for good internet in Zambia. 

Now, here is the part of my post where I spam you with photos of my precious nephew. I dare you not to smile :)








Mommy and Valor. She's doing well!


Proud daddy 


Papa, Daddy and baby Valor

Grandma and Valor



Happy family


Meeting Valor this morning through FaceTime! 
I was and still am smitten.


Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words that capture the miraculous journey from a deep valley of terror to the heights of praise! God is good. Surely Valor's name was not a coincidence. It reminds me of so many Biblical names, i.e, Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins..
    This boy will serve God in a way that will be a surprise. Great Grandpa

    ReplyDelete